Retail Sales Consultant with exceptional people skills required
FineBack Furniture is a small and growing company that specialises in the supply of high quality ergonomic furniture for the home and office. Our products can make a real difference to the lives of people who experience back pain or who are seeking more comfortable furniture. We have a retail showroom based just outside St. Albans in Hertfordshire and our business is generated by a variety of means – media advertising, a comprehensive online shopping platform, therapist referral and personal recommendation.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Retail Sales Consultant with exceptional people skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written. Retail sales experience is not essential but you should have spent time working in a customer facing role, ideally with analytical or problem solving skills.
Our customers value our knowledge and expertise so a good recall for product specification will be helpful. In this role you will be offered continued training and support to portray a comprehensive and professional image to our commercial and home customers.
- Welcoming customers to the showroom and establishing their needs. Selecting appropriate furniture whether office or domestic and adjusting to suit
- Following up on customer enquiries and maintaining a strong customer relationship
- Maintain good visual merchandising with clear labelling and price updates
- Receiving online orders, order processing and arranging courier despatch
- Assisting with inbound deliveries and checking for conformity to order placed. This can involve manual handling with associated storeroom management and showroom display.
- Liaising with customers and delivery agents to finalise delivery schedules
- Attention to detail with excellent record keeping
- Will suit a self motivated and highly organised individual
- Computer literacy is essential with a clear interest in developing new skills relating to website updating and social media
- This role will require some Saturday working on a rota basis
- An enthusiasm and passion for design, furniture and making a difference
- The ability to prioritise and a clear desire to succeed
If you are interested in the above position, then please forward your CV and a covering letter, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below:
7-9 Haseldine Road
Salary is dependent on experience and will range from £18000 – £22,000 per annum. If you are selected for an interview we will endeavour to contact you within 7 days of receiving your application.